Sunday, June 20, 2010

One Month

Well its one month till the big move.It has taken about 3 years to make what in hindsight should have been a simple decision.The decision was anything but simple.I have had to look deep inside my self and figure my core values.The choices that I have made have been very carefully thought out and revisited many time.I have look deep with in my own self worth.You see for many years I have not had a whole lot self confidence.I have always lived under the shadow of my father.My father was extremely proud man and wanted the world to know who he was.He was an artist and a creator,but growing up under this bigger than life figure was always difficult.I don't believe he meant it to be that way, it was just his nature.Dads goal in life was to have successful off spring and with his youngest son,me being the foot loose and fancy free type, it was extremely hard for him not try and over shape me.
Whats different in my life now?I wish I could answer that.It has been nine years since I headed north and I have learnt so many life lessons.I have had to face tragedy,laugh , love and deal with life challenges in an environment that has very little to offer.In short I have grown up!
My first priority before moving was to find work.I had in times past put out resume only to have no reply.When I sent resumes this time around I got positive results.There were opportunities .I went to interviews and fell into a situation that at least at the surface seems to be a perfect fit.Thus leading me to the big move.
It is only for weeks from move and we are slowly getting packed.It is amazing how much stuff we accumulate.When I arrived here nine years ago I had two suitcase.We had sold every thing that we owned and pick up our bags and move.In less than a decade we have accumulated so much.The box count is well over 50.

No comments:

Post a Comment